The sea off the coast of Halkidiki is rich in underwater wildlife, such as corals, sponges, octopi, crabs, sea horses and a variety of different kinds of fish.
Those of you who have no experience of diving can take lessons at one of the various diving schools. If you are an experienced diver, then there are lots of organized diving sessions you will be welcome to join.
Water temperature ranges from 16 degrees Celsius in winter to 26 degrees in summer, at a depth of 20m. There are also other interesting sights to explore when scuba diving, like caves and shipwrecks:
- The shipwreck of the old German motorship "Mytilini" which sunk in 1961.
- The bottom of the island "Kelyfos", in the middle of Toroneos gulf which has 10 spots to explore.
- The underworld of "Porto Valitsa" at Paliouri Bay.
- The depth is from 12-30 meters. The rocky sides of "Koursaros Bay" - Paliouri, Kassandra.
- The shipwreck of an old iron Turkish ship, constructed in 1910 (Porto Koufo, Sithonia).
- The underwater cave "Erika" (44 miles to the east of Porto Koufo) which has 60m. length and 35m. depth (3m. over the sea surface).