- Important info
A 12 hour tour in one of the most spectacular destinations in Greece!
A UNESCO World Heritage Site. Those who see it for the first time believe it to be a geological miracle. Thousands of rocks, both small and large, merge to form an unearthly sight.
Wanting to approach God, bold monks built monasteries at the peaks of these rocks. Those monks have lived as true hermits for more than 600 years. Today six monasteries have survived and you will be given the opportunity to visit two of these monasteries.
Additionally, you will visit Kalambaka, a beautiful small town located at the foot of Meteora.
- Visit the Meteora monasteries
- See the town of Kalambaka
- Professional and licensed guide
- Transportation by a deluxe minivan or taxi (depending on the group’s size)
Recent Photos of this tour
Browse the gallery of recent private tour in Meteora. Photos submitted by administrative department and by actual travelers
|Guided private tour from Thessaloniki | Standard car 1-3 persons||€470|
|Guided private tour from Thessaloniki | Mini Van 1-7 persons||€500|
|Guided private tour from Thessaloniki | Mini Bus 1-18 persons||€780|
|Transfer from Thessaloniki | Standard car 1-4 persons||€240|
|Transfer from Thessaloniki | Mini Van 1-8 persons||€275|
|Transfer from Thessaloniki | Mini Bus 1-18 persons||€550|
- All taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- We offer pick-up from Thessaloniki hotels or Thessaloniki's airport.
- The fees include professional english speaking guide. For other languages extra fees may apply.
- The tour is fully customizable to your requirements and desires.
The area of Meteora is definitely one of the most spectacular destinations in Greece! The breathtaking Geological formations and the centuries old monasteries that were built under extremely difficult conditions will offer you a unique travel experience!
Following the ancient Christian tradition of Eremitism, since the 14th century AD, this wild unique landscape became the place where some of the earliest ascetic communities were formed. Meteora has some of the oldest and most important monasteries in Greece, second only to Mount Athos. Several of them are still active even today!
Since 1988 the entire area and the monasteries is being included in the world heritage monuments list of UNESCO.
The well preserved Byzantine Heritage and restored religious monuments impress all those who chose to visit this breathtaking destination!
- Suggested time of departure: 8:00 a.m
- Distance Thessaloniki-Meteora: 230km
- Estimated time: 2 hours and 45 minutes